BlackGold Volleyball Covid-19 Information
BlackGold Volleyball (BGV) for 2021/2022
- Participant health and safety is our highest priority.
- We must follow all Alberta Health Services, Volleyball Alberta and our Facility guidelines (including but not limited to the Leduc Recreation Centre) in order to be safe and successful in returning to volleyball.
- We must practice physical distancing, good hygiene and continue to act responsibly.
- While Volleyball Alberta does not currently have our own proof of vaccination policy, we are bound by the terms of our rental contracts with our facilities, in addition to public health orders and municipal bylaws. We have been in continued contact with the facilities that host our Premier events and Provincial Championships. Most of our facilities, either voluntarily or non-voluntarily, are requiring proof of vaccination or medical exemptions for all vaccine eligible individuals (12+) who enter their facilities. If today’s facility entry requirements are still in place during our indoor club season, it will not be possible to compete, coach, attend, or referee at VA events without either being fully vaccinated or medically exempt (testing may still be required).
- While you do not have to be fully vaccinated to attend BGV tryouts at the Leduc Recreation Centre, you will need to be fully vaccinated or medically exempt, in order to attend premier, provincial, or national tournaments. This will be taken into consideration for team selection.